NOVEMBER 9, 2013
PRIVACY AND LEGAL STATEMENT
Flour and Fancy, LLC, (d/b/a “Flour and Fancy”) hopes everyone can understand that in this ever growing litigious society, the notifications and language contained in this privacy and legal statement (hereinafter “statement”) has unfortunately become necessary. By using this website, any visitor or user, or their agents or assigns (hereinafter “you”) agree that the language, inclusions, exclusions, notifications and limitations of liability and all other information set out in this statement are reasonable. If you do not think the content of this statement is reasonable, you should not use this website or its content, whatsoever. The language of every portion, section or part of this statement adopts and incorporates every other portion, section or part of this statement.
Flour and Fancy takes your privacy seriously. This statement describes what personal information may be collected and how it may be used. Foremost, Flour and Fancy does not itself intentionally collect, archive or analyze any information not related to contests, giveaways, requests and other visitor initiated contact and correspondence.
All web servers, such as that Flour and Fancy contract with, track basic information about their visitors. This information includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser details, timestamps and referring pages. To our knowledge, none of this information can personally identify specific visitors to this site. To our knowledge, this information is tracked for routine administration and maintenance purposes.
Note; is Flour and Fancy’s belief that you can change your browser settings on your computer to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns. Disabling cookies for all sites may interfere with your use of some sites. The best option may be to disable or enable cookies on a per-site basis. Consult your browser documentation for instructions on how to block cookies and other tracking mechanisms and what options are best for you.
Any advertisements may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow the display ads based on your visits to this site and other sites that use advertising services. Any tracking done by advertisers through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to their own privacy policies.
-General Rules for Contests, Gifts and Giveaways-
Flour and Fancy’s official contest, gifts, and giveaway rules and guidelines are as follows, but incorporate this entire statement by reference:
(1) You agree that you will be honest, ethical, and compliant with any and every local, state, federal and international law, whatsoever;
(2) You, any visitor or any contest participant or winner, gift recipient or giveaway hopeful or participant agree to hold harmless and indemnify Flour & Fancy for any loss whether real, perceived or alleged;
(3) Only one winner per household per 30 days [this is determined solely by the address(s) you provide];
(4) Unless otherwise noted, winners must be 21 years old or older to win;
(5) All prizes, gifts and giveaways are agreed to be received from Flour and Fancy in a manner best suited to Flour and Fancy. Flour and Fancy does not maintain liability for damaged or lost prizes. Winners or recipients must provide photo identification proof of identity to claim their prize;
(6) In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected by random drawing or another means deemed appropriate by Flour and Fancy;
(7) All prizes are awarded “as is.” No change or conversion of prize for cash will be permitted. Date and time of promotion can change at anytime due to the discretion of Flour and Fancy;
(8) All decisions by Flour and Fancy are final;
(9) All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded or gifts bestowed become the sole responsibility of the winner or recipient;
(10) All those who win a prize or prizes or receive a gift are responsible for their taxes; (9) In consideration of Flour and Fancy allowing visitors/individuals to participate in competitions and receive gifts and giveaways, contestants and recipients release Flour and Fancy and its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors from any loss or damage(s);
(11) Contest rules, dates, or prizes may change at any time at the discretion of general manager;
(12) In the event that a contest prize becomes unavailable, Flour and Fancy reserves the right to substitute another prize;
(13) All contestants and gift or giveaway recipients give Flour and Fancy exclusive right to use their name (s), voice(s) and /or any other likeness for promotional purposes;
(14) Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for Flour and Fancy to disqualify that individual from participating in all current and future contests as well as forfeiture of any prizes won by fraudulent means.
This website, any information on it and all information contained herein is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Flour and Fancy makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website or in this statement. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Flour and Fancy does not warrant that: (1) this website will be constantly available or available at all; or (2) the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any matter, you should consult an appropriate professional. The materials available at this web site/blog are for entertainment purposes only and not for the purpose of providing nutrition advice, relationship advice, medical advice, legal advice or any other type of advice. This site and the information contained herein should not be relied upon to determine or gauge dietary needs, health changes or diagnosis, or any other guidance. There is risk involved with every bite of food you put in your mouth, as well as in every activity in life. There are ways to minimize risk, and in the case of food, the responsibility for risk identification and mitigation rests with you and the appropriately credentialed or licensed professional you contract with or employ, not Flour & Fancy. You should come to your own conclusions about any information on this site and not take word of Flour and Fancy.
Flour and Fancy may have marketing and business connections to brands, topics and/or products on this site. This site may serve advertisements for companies, for which Flour and Fancy receives payment. Through the use of affiliate links on this site, Flour and Fancy may collect fees from purchases made on other sites.
Under no circumstances shall Flour and Fancy be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with this website or any information found on/in it. These limitations of liability apply even if Flour and Fancy is considered to have been expressly advised of any potential loss.
Nothing in this statement will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this statement will exclude or limit Flour and Fancy liability in respect of any: (1) death or personal injury caused by anyone’s alleged, real or perceived negligence; (2) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of anyone; or, (3) any matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for anyone to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
You accept and consent that, as a limited liability entity, Flour and Fancy has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any personal claim or claim attempting to pierce the corporate veil of Flour and Fancy, or against its officers or employees, in respect of any losses you claim to suffer in connection with this website or its content.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this statement will protect and hold harmless Flour and Fancy, its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors.
Any litigation, lawsuit, claim, grievance, inquiry or complaint, shall be in all manners governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, County of Bedford, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory, without giving effect to principles of conflict of laws.
If any provision of this statement is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
This statement embodies the entire understanding between Flour and Fancy and you. This statement shall not be modified except by a writing signed and dated by Flour and Fancy.