It’s Christmas Eve, and if you’re like me, you’ve begun your menu planning – late. You’re thinking about what you’re eating tomorrow and hoping you can squeeze in a last minute trip to the grocery for those must-have items. And you’re thinking chocolate, sugar, and butter.
Here’s my top list of recipes from Flour and Fancy to make your holidays a little sweeter, a bit more delectable. So while you’re savoring time with family and friends, don’t forget the sweet!
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa – Santa digs hot cocoa. Trust me.
- Ferrero Rocher Pie – This one is a holiday must-have and so easy to make, even last minute! One of the most popular recipes I’ve featured.
- Sunday Morning Pancakes – Also double as great Christmas morning pancakes.
- Ella’s Cream Cheese Pound Cake – This pound cake with vanilla notes is sheer perfection, even for a picky palate.
- Dark Chocolate Brownies – Mix it up. Santa doesn’t want chocolate chip cookies at EVERY house.
- Dark Chocolate Scones – Paired with coffee or chocolate milk, these scones make a magical Christmas morning.
- Spiced Pumpkin Bread – Baking last minute? (Yes.) This quick bread is the answer. Another very popular recipe. It pairs perfectly with pumpkin honey butter.
- Biscotti with Chocolate Drizzle – The perfect cure for late night wrapping when combined with coffee.
- Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies – Keep these for yourself. Santa’s covered, and you’ve done lots of giving this year.
I hope each of you enjoy every giggle, every hug, and, of course, every bite this holiday season! See you in 2015!